SODIUM BISULPHITE POWDER MANUFACTURER
Name : Sodium Bisulphite Powder
Grade : powder
Description : White crystalline Powder with odour of SO2.
PRODUCT DATA AND TYPICAL PROPERTIES
Chemical name : Sodium bisulfite (or sodium hydrogen sulfite)
Chemical formula : NaHSO 3
Molar mass : 104.06 g/mol
CAS-No. : 7631-90-5
EINECS-No. : 231-548-0
Properties : Solution is acidic and oxidizes when contacting air.
Sodium Metabisulphite (NaHSO3) : % WT Min.100%
Sulfur Dioxide (SO 2) : % WT Min.62%
Iron (as Fe) : 20 ppm
Density : Kg/L 1.48
pH : 4.0 – 5.0
The product is tested using our standard analytical methods.
- Food: Preserving foodstuffs, aid with the production of starch, for ensiling green fodder.
- Treatment of process water: Removal of excess chlorine, in special cases removal of oxygen
- Treatment of waste water: e.g. removal of excess chlorine in the neutralization of cyanide, neutralization of chromic acid.
- Chemical and pharmaceutical industry: As reducing agent, for purifying and isolating aldehydes and ketones. Destroying waste bromine.
- Textile industry: Cleaning bleaching wool, jute and other vegetable fibres. For reduction in the dye works.
- Leather industry: Solubilizing tanning extracts.
- Paper and pulp industry: Bleaching ground wood.
- Photographic and film industry: for developer solutions, for acidifying fixing baths.
Keep airtight bags in dry area. Avoid humid area.
Harmful if swallowed. Contact with acids liberates toxic sulfur dioxide gas. Causes strong oxygen consumption in the water course; may harm aquatic organisms